MEET THE TEAM
Rebecca Wells | Co-Founder
In what is an incredibly male dominated industry, Rebecca is unapologetically driven and relentless in her mission to build a modern digital and tech recruitment agency, waving the flag for female leadership along the way.
Super competitive, Rebecca takes pride in all the roles and clients she represents and works tirelessly to deliver for each and every one of them. With a particular soft-spot for supporting ambitious and tenacious, tech start-ups, Rebecca loves nothing more than networking with like-minded founders and exploring new and innovative ways to attract the best talent for them.
As a single working Mum and a business owner, Rebecca strives to be a role model, demonstrating that balance does exist and being a parent doesn’t mean you have to step down from the career ladder.
Her recruitment timeline:
- Worked for two International digital media recruitment agencies
- In-house recruitment at a world leading tech giant
- In-house recruitment at a global media advertising and communication agency
- Managed the commercial recruitment advertising team of a global press brand
- Managed the commercial delivery for an International marcomms platform
- Lead the recruitment strategy for a public sector research and engineering body, via an award-winning MSP. It is due to this combined recruitment experience that in 2020 Urban Digital Recruitment was born.
You’ll typically find Rebecca:
As a fitness enthusiast, you will typically find Rebecca in a HiiT class at the gym, at a PT session in a field, or out running in the Cotswold countryside. If this fails, she is likely to be found drinking a G&T on her terrace or eating-out with friends and family.
Rebecca’s favourite quote:
“There is no elevator to success. You have to take the stairs.”
Laura Brazil | Co-Founder
Laura is hugely passionate about recruitment and building long-standing relationships with everyone she works with. She prides herself on always providing an honest and supportive service, which has resulted in her building an extensive network of authentic relationships across the digital and tech landscape.
Keen for Urban Digital to challenge the perception that recruitment consultants do not actually care – Laura always goes the extra mile. This tenacity has seen her overcome and deliver against the toughest of hiring requirements.
Striving to showcase that you can be a great mum AND run a successful business, Laura is eager to support all working parents to continue to climb their chosen career ladder.
Laura’s recruitment timeline:
- Fresh from University, Laura immediately embarked upon her successful recruitment career
- Later moving to London, she gained invaluable industry experience, working within digital sales for a number of leading digital businesses & media owners
- Laura went on to be the consistent top biller, at another leading recruitment agency, where her eye for the perfect match, speed of delivery and excellent customer service, saw her become the recruiter of choice for many clients
- This combined experience and her desire to challenge the status quo within recruitment, led to her forming a partnership with Rebecca, resulting in the launch of Urban Digital Recruitment
You’ll typically find Laura:
Running around after her beautiful daughter, socialising during play-dates and toddler birthday parties. Outside of motherhood, you’ll find Laura indulging in: eating out across London, retail therapy, Pilates, reflexology and of course Netflix.
Laura’s favourite quote:
“The harder you work the more luck you create.”
David Priestman | Associate Director
David has had a varied, successful and well-rounded sales career within the media and AdTech landscape. He worked for a range of top tier media companies, before moving into the world of recruitment.
Urban Digital are very proud to have David on our team, as someone who understands the digital and media landscape from the inside out!
His recruitment timeline:
- 10 years media sales experience
- Worked for leading names in the media industry, such as: The Telegraph Media Group, Future Publishing and Toast TV
- Experience working within a Big Data Ad Tech company
- Worked as a recruiter for a scaling property and construction agency, before joining Urban Digital
- Has an extensive network of senior contacts across the digital media marketplace
You’ll typically find David:
Enjoying a run in the stunning town of Marlow, spending time with his two children, having some downtime with a decent film or searching for the next piece of art to add to his collection.
David’s favourite quote:
“Do the hard work, and the work does the rest”
Laura Cheetham | Associate Director
Laura Cheetham joined Urban Digital to build the adtech side of the business. Laura is incredibly proactive, resilient and infectiously upbeat. Rebecca and Laura are so proud to have Laura, aka ‘Cheets’ in their team. Together, they are a force to be reckoned with.
Her recruitment timeline:
- 12 years’ recruitment and digital experience
- Worked for two leading digital recruitment agencies, with a focus on ad tech
- Worked as in-house recruitment and HR for a social content start up
- Worked for two major digital publications in sales and partnerships
You’ll typically find Cheets:
Walking in the Derbyshire countryside, running around after her toddler, or entertaining friends and family in her garden bar.
Cheets’ favourite quote:
“If you don’t like something, change it. If you can’t change it, change your attitude”
Lou Wallis | Head of Operations
Lou started her career in hospitality. She moved to Australia where she worked as Front of House Manager and EA to the three Managing Partners.
Later, she moved to London to join agency life. She held roles including Team Manager, Talent and Operations Manager and Personal Assistant within the Leadership team.
After a 2 year career gap to have her daughter, she stepped back into supporting companies as a Virtual Assistant.
Now she is a valued member of the Urban Digital team and is the Operations Manager.
You’ll typically find Lou:
Running around a beach with her 3 year-old daughter, playing pirates and hunting for sea glass or getting soaking wet splashing in the sea. She also loves meeting up with friends and family which always includes eating (a lot)!
Lou’s favourite quote:
“When you get to where you’re going, turn around and help her too. For there was a time, not long ago when she was you.
Becky Spencer-Davies | Head of Marketing
Becky is central to the success of Urban Digital. As the Marketing Manager, Becky helps to decipher and deliver the brand messaging from Rebecca and Laura and share the topics and trends that sit close their hearts:
#entrepreneurs #startups #scaleups #workingparents #singleworkingparents #femaleleaders #equality #femalefounders #diversity #talentattraction #ambition #goals #success
Becky has extensive marketing experience within the recruitment landscape and further afield.
- 10 years marketing experience within tech, eCommerce and recruitment marketplaces
- Previous to Urban Digital, Becky worked for another leading digital recruitment agency. There she launched their recruitment marketing offering from scratch, building up their following and brand engagement through various innovative and creative campaigns.
- Passionate about the user experience and candidate journey, Becky frequently challenges the status quo in order to offer an improved facility by Urban Digital Recruitment.
You’ll typically find Becky:
Hiking in the Chiltern Hills with her husband, eating cake in a local cafe with her daughters or teaching a spin class.
Becky’s favourite quote:
“She’s not your competition, she’s proof it can be done.”