Head of People (HR)- Financial Services
c£80k + 15% OTE
This boutique Foreign Exchange business is embarking on a period of significant growth in the UK, Italy and other European territories.
Investing in their own tech, they have successfully built their own internal trading platform and are going from strength to strength as a result!
Only 12 years old and c100 staff strong, the business work with established treasury functions and lean finance teams alike, to build practical and workable solutions to their foreign exchange challenges.
Far from corporate, this boutique finance company based in W1 London, is a lively place to work. As such they require a Head of People who can join the leadership team, make an impact, command respect, and push the business forwards with exceptional processes and procedures.
The company need a real ‘do-er’ in this role, someone who is naturally proactive and can spot actions/improvements without direction. If you are used to being fed tasks in a formal environment – then this role is not for you. This is a rare opportunity to really make an impact on a HR offering, in an autonomous and highly visible senior role.
Day to day responsibilities:
· Reporting into the Group COO, you will act as a Senior Leader within the business providing knowledge and advice on People processes and practices
· Development, planning, and strategy for all HR and talent acquisition activities across the business
· Lead the People function to provide a cohesive and consistent experience for employees, in line with best practice and legislation
· Ensuring compliance with all Legal requirements, including things like, contracts and right to work. Supported by and also developing our HR Administrator through their CIPD qualifications
· Improve current Performance Appraisals and People Development processes
· Implement a training program to support current and future managers in key managerial skills
· Create an impactful onboarding process for new starters in all departments
· Internal Communications – develop creative and compelling communications for audiences across varying levels
· Work with the Office Manager to organise HR initiatives to support and drive employee engagement across the business
· Ensure success in the People Governance Framework is met. This will involve working with the Compliance team to ensure key People regulations are adhered to in areas like Employee Verification, Training, SMCR.
· Manage the Employee Benefits programme ensuring they not only offer market beating benefits, but also ensuring our staff feel valued and rewarded every day
· Advice and support the management team on all People/HR growth topics
This is an impactful role in which you have the opportunity to work directly with the senior management of the business to improve People practices.
- You should have a minimum of 7 years direct experience of People or Human Resources at Managerial level.
- You will be CIPD qualified
- You must have worked in fast moving, high growth entrepreneurial environments – the SME environment
- Ideally worked in Financial Services but will come from a professional services background
- Ability to communicate effectively and convincingly across a variety of stakeholders at all levels of management
- Knowledge of European legislation, specifically Italy or Spain would be beneficial
- Prior experience of working in a boutique scale-up environment is hugely desirable
The team benefit from things like an enhanced pension & medical cash plan, plus a range of flexible benefits to choose from to suit your lifestyle, including Hello Fresh deliveries, private medical insurance, or gym membership. This role is predominantly office based with the ability to work from home 1-2 days per week based on business needs, however the company offer huge flexibility in terms of working hours/part time/compressed hours.