Group Social Media Manager – Premium/Luxury Portfolio
To £50k + global travel + wider benefits
*(2 days a wk in West Sussex + 1 day a wk in London)
We are seeking someone with significant social media experience and expertise, to oversee the entire Premium/Luxury Portfolio of accounts for a thriving events and digital publishing house.
You will have ideally worked in-house for a premium brand AND worked agency side at some point during your career.
You will have grown and managed accounts with million+ followers, for multiple brands at a time, whilst overseeing a small team.
In addition, a passion for food, drink and international travel would make you the ideal candidate for the role!
This truly international role oversees management of multiple social media channels (currently 25 in total) across different platforms in the portfolio, as well as inform on overall social media and content strategy.
Social media strategy and insights
· Develop the portfolios social media strategy in line with brand vision and overarching content strategy
· Lead, prioritise and develop each channel’s strategy according to trends, budget, calendar of events/markets and sponsors’ campaigns, adapting to local narratives
· Harvest and report on data and insights to drive engagement and reach; build on engagement and follower acquisition plans
· Input into strategy and planning for live events coverage
Social media portfolio management
· Lead social media calendar planning
· Oversee day to day execution of social media portfolio, including at live events (both in person and remotely, on occasion)
· Manage social media team (you plus 3) in execution of strategy and calendar plan
· Edit content for social channels, ensuring it meets brand standards
· Step in to write, create, schedule, upload and publish posts where required
· Assist in management of on-the-ground external photography and videography teams at international events where required
Sponsored content and partner campaigns
· Lead on social media sponsor campaign concept co-creation
· Support sponsor activations, including video projects, and execute partner-related social media campaigns
· Brainstorm high-performing content and social media campaigns, working with the in-house partnerships team when necessary
· Demonstrable experience having worked in a social media role, within a brand AND an agency
· Experience of growing and managing LARGE social media accounts (1.5 million followers +)
· Experience working across different social platforms including Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, Twitter and LinkedIn
· Prior experience managing premium brand accounts, within the luxury landscape (B2B or B2C)
· Ability to understand and analyse metrics and key indicators in social media success
· Ability to create and drive overall brand’s social media strategy, as well as create bespoke platform- and channel-specific content
· Experience of managing direct reports and/or small team
· Experience of paid social advertising and boosting
· Understanding of commercial partnerships and sponsored content
· Experience overseeing influencer programme
· Creative eye, as well as strong written skills – must be very familiar managing different brand guidelines and tone of voice
· Excited for international travel and exploring new cultures
· Willing to travel internationally, and work some evenings and weekends when required
· Experience using photo and video editing software such as Canva and Adobe