Digital Editor – Agriculture, Food Innovation
West Sussex – hybrid working 1-2 days per week in office
up to £48k
B2B publisher with an enviable heritage seeking an extremely self-motivated and entrepreneurial editor to work on a new launch site within the farming/agricultural & food tech industry!
This brand new site will be providing news on global agri-tech and agri-food innovation, investment and regulation.
An experience editor is therefore required to to take the reins and help drive its content development strategy and associated brand extensions.
- Identifying core editorial themes, topics and business-critical insights to make the title stand out from the competition and become a ‘must-read’ for the sector.
- Delivering high quality daily editorial content in multi-media and written formats
- Driving the brand’s social media strategy and contribute to reader / registrant growth
- Proposing new brand extensions and brand development opportunities
- Build the brand’s editorial authority and visibility in the market.
- Collaborating with sales, marketing and event managers
- Edit website copy and commission freelance content where required
- Develop content and innovation ideas for the site, with a strong focus on multimedia
- Actively use social media for lead sourcing, content sharing, contact building and audience growth
- Maintain record of industry contacts and sources in shared editorial database
- Monitor growth and user engagement of core readership and subscriber base
- Organise topics / briefs / speakers for potential brand extensions (special editions, online / F2F events, awards, workshops etc.)
- Moderate at online / F2F events relevant to the site
- Keep an eye on the competition to pick up on possible areas of threat or opportunity
- Identify partnership opportunities with regional and global trade associations, industry groups, NGOs.
- Attend key agri-tech and agri-food industry trade events and conferences
- Become the ‘face’ of the brand and the ‘go-to’ editorial expert within the industry
Key skills required:
- Ideally an experienced digital journalist and editor with a track record in the agri-tech and agri-food space
- B2B editorial experience with a passion for the farming/food space
- Demonstrable experience of growing a new title / media initiative a major plus
- Strong business sense with excellent networking and interpersonal skills
- Equally comfortable delivering written or multimedia content
- Experience of covering / staying on top of fast-paced, global developments
- Confident public speaker / moderator
- Solid knowledge of social media channels
- Available to work autonomously, but also highly collaborative with other departments