Business Development Manager – LifeScience SaaS
To £55k + OTE + Company Bonus + Shares
Remote + Occasional travel to Cambridge
We’re looking for a dynamic salesperson to join this ‘tech for good’ technology platform, as the very first commercial hire in the UK (reporting into the CRO in the US).
The ideal candidate is no stranger to working independently and on complex, long sales lead-times, in a highly regulated industry.
In this role you will identify and secure new clients, delivering this cutting edge, life changing technology to the NHS, Hospitals and University Research Departments, to name but a few.
As the sole salesperson in the UK, you will have the freedom to target any client across the UK and EMEA, targeting bio-technicians and bio-medics.
Experience selling a Healthcare, LifeScience SaaS solution is required, with prior success at opening doors across the NHS and related public sector companies/institutions.
Working closely with the Support and Operations teams, your main responsibility is to help drive revenue and provide a world-class customer experience for both potential customers and current ones.
As a Business Development Manager, you will drive revenue growth through strategic business development initiatives. You will play a crucial role in expanding this early-stage businesses market presence, establishing and nurturing relationships with key stakeholders, and promoting the adoption of their technology solutions.
- Drive the full sales cycle from prospecting to closing deals, meeting and exceeding revenue targets – the average sales cycle is 10 months
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including marketing and product development, to ensure alignment with client needs and market demands
- Prepare and deliver compelling presentation decks, proposals, and product demonstrations
- Build and maintain a robust pipeline of potential clients and partnerships
- Cultivate strong relationships with key decision-makers, researchers, and executives in the genomics and healthcare ecosystem
- Stay abreast of industry trends, emerging technologies, and competitor activities
- Provide regular market feedback to inform product development and marketing strategies
- Proven track record of business development and sales success within the LifeScience/healthcare/Healthtech/medical research landscapes
- Prior experience working as the only salesperson in an early stage/start-up company is hugely advantageous
- Prior success at selling SaaS/Software/Data Platform solutions
- Experience selling within a highly regulated industry
- Familiarity working to long lead times (ave 10 months)
- Technical Sales experience would be a bonus
- Experience of complex sales, rather than transactional selling
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships with clients
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
- Highly proficient in using CRM software and other sales tools
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, with the ability to articulate complex scientific concepts to diverse audiences
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, coupled with a results-oriented mindset
- Bachelor’s degree in business, life sciences, or a related field. A Master’s degree is a plus